Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wonderful Moon Gift Tag

Hello all!

I am remodeling my kitchen and my husband and I went to look at some countertops at our local home improvement center. As I'm standing there looking at the formica samples I am struck with how utterly sweet these little samples would be with some altering and embellishing! I took home a ton of them (both for sampling in the kitchen and for stamping on later!) and this is one of the tags I came up with. This is a stamp I had in my drawer for forever (is it Inkadinkadoo?) that I love but never really found the perfect use for until now. The flowers in the background is from SU's Baroque Motifs set, and the wonderful you sentiment is from SU's Wonderful You set. The ink is olive green Staz-On (stamped off twice for the flowers) and the sentiment is actually embossed using gold EP and Versamark. I wasn't sure if it would stick or not, but it did very well. I stuck a few stickles in the middle of some of the flowers, and added the ribbon scraps with a little metal spiral. I really love how it came out and I especially love that it basically cost me nothing--it was all scraps and supplies I had laying around. So next time you're at the home improvement store, take a swing by the kitchen countertops and see what inspirations you'll find that have nothing to do with a kitchen!

1 comment:

Debora57 said...

I too have a face stamp that I really like and am always checking split coast for ideas on how to use when stamping cards. I love what you came up with. Thanks for sharing!