Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Break from Cleaning

Well, I cleaned most of the day yesterday and it looks as if I haven't touched a thing! I did take a break, however to make a bridal shower card that I think came out really cute. I was inspired by one of the stampers on Splitcoast with a bridal shower card she had made. Here's my version:


Her wedding colors are dark pink and navy blue, so I wanted to do something in those colors. I used Whisper White cardstock for base, and cut it down to 11" by 5.5", then scored lines at 4.25 and 8.5, leaving 2.5 inches on one side to cut the dress from to complete the tri-fold. I hand drew the dress and just cut it with my Paper Snips. I then put the background design (a random piece of DSP scrap I found while cleaning!) on the flap that folded under the dress. The band on the dress is Regal Rose, and the flower was hand cut from Night of Navy with a pink rhinestone in the middle. Of course, a scallop oval punch and small oval punch finished off the sentiment from the *** set.

The shower was beautiful, and the food was good...everyone had a good time, but alas, I must return to my cleaning!

Happy Stampin'!

-jen

No comments: