Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cards

OK, so it's a little late to get started on my Christmas cards, but i'm a procrastinator at heart, and no one who knows me should be surprised that I waited till a week before Christmas to start making and mailing my cards. So I thought this year instead of assembly-lining a stack of cards, I'd make a few different kinds. Here are two:

This card was inspired by one made by Beth McAlexander that I found on Splitcoast. Hers was a bit different, but the layout is basically the same. I used the Merry Moments DSP and Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White Cardstock. This stamp set is one of my favorites. It's from the Holiday Mini (order now...time is running out for that catalog!) called "Berry Christmas." It's so versatile. I punched out the sentiment from that set with the Word Window punch. Fits perfectly. The ribbon is Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. I used Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red ink.


The next one was inspired by Lisa Mekeel at http://www.creativecucina.com/. Again, I used Old Olive and Ruby Red, but with Very Vanilla this time. I stamped the holly branch, the berries and the bird and thought the space just needed something, so I used the snowflake in the set and some clear Stampin' Emboss powder to give it a texture of snowflakes. It was a neat touch. The sentiment is from Holiday Punch hostess set, stamped in Old Olive ink on Old Olive paper and punched out with the wide oval punch. The DSP is from the Merry Moments pack.

I will be working on more tomorrow, actually did make another one tonight, but because it's a special card for Ms. Patti, I can't post it here until she gets it!! :)

Happy Stampin'!

-jen

No comments: