Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can stamping cure a stomach ache?

I wasn't feeling well, so I dragged myself upstairs to the craft room thinking if I got my mind off the pain in my stomach, it would go away. I was wrong...but at least I made something cool! I decided to use True Friend, just because I love the set so much, and I found some DP in my drawer that I've had for a while from K&Co which I love, but the bright colors sometimes scare me...and Taken With Teal is definitely out of my comfort zone, to say the least! Still, it worked so well with the paper, and Chocolate Chip perfectly accented it, so I just went for it. In the end, I actually love how it came out.

I made six 3x3 cards, three each of the two different designs, and then made a 3x3 notecard box to hold them. The image on the Taken with Teal part of the lid is embossed with clear EP. I accomplished the embossing of the main image in an interesting way...first I inked up the stamp with VersaMark, then inked it with Chocolate Chip. The EP stuck to it, and saved me the step of using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to reink the Versamark over the Chocolate Chip in order to put the clear EP layer on it. There's a large brad in the middle of it that I pulled from my stash of Christmas gifts from Kenny. He did good this year! :)

The box itself was made using these instructions from SCS. The lid seems a little too big for the box, but I think I can tweak it next time around to be a little snugger. I want to make more of these, they are so easy, and would make great gifts. Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with some using my Puns From the Past set...it just seems like a set that would work well with this particular project...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, you did good, even when sick ;)
your talented ;)

Jacquel said...

These are really cute....nice work but sad to hear you're not feeling well! tfs!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Beautiful cards. True Friend is on my wish list!

Stephanie said...

awww.. sorry you are not feeling well, your cards are beautiful!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice set of cards. Hope you are feeling better.

Christy said...

I was hoping that you found a cure. :) Beautiful card!

~ j said...

cute cards. i hope you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, I am going to have to try that embossing trick. Thanks for sharing it.

I made that box a while ago and found the lid to be a bit larger than the bottom also. I thought I had measured wrong.

I am sorry you did not feel well, but your project came out great. I know what you mean about the Taken with Teal. Such a bright color, but you used it very well. I would never have thought to use it with a brown!

Jenn Embry said...

Beautiful cards. I love the stripes and bright colors.

Becky said...

These are really lovely. love the dp. sorry you are not feeling well :(

Amanda said...

Very pretty cards! Feel better soon.

cr8iveme said...

hope you're feeling better.

What cheerful cards.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS